Privacy & Cookies
- Who we are
- What personal data we collect
- How we collect your data
- How we use your data
- How we store your data
- Your data protection rights
- About cookies
- How to manage cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- Changes to privacy & Cookies
- How to contact us
Who we are
Citizens' Climate Europe is a citizens' grassroots movement advocating an ambitious climate policy. We are a part of Citizens' Climate Lobby International.
What personal data we collect
We collect personal identification information (Name, email address) as well as country, IP address, what device you using, browser information (for web statistics)
How we collect your data
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you
- send us a message through the message form
- sign up for our news letter
- use or view our website via your browser's cookies
How we use your data
We collect your data so that we can
- send answers to your messages
- send you our newsletter
- analyze web statistics
The data will not be used for any other purpose, nor given to any third party.
How we store your data
We use Mailchimp for out newsletter. Mailchimp store your data safely and do not share it with anyone else. Mailchimp is headquartered in and has offices in the United States. The servers are also located in the United States. This means data processed may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States.
All login pages (from the website and mobile website) pass data via TLS. The entire Mailchimp application is encrypted with TLS. Login pages and logins via the Mailchimp API have brute force protection. Regular external security penetration tests are performed throughout the year using different vendors.
Your data protection rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
You have the right to
- access the personal data and email address collected about you by making a request for registration access in accordance with data protection laws
- have your personal data or email address corrected if they are incorrect or incomplete
- have your personal data and email address deleted in special circumstances in accordance with data protection laws
- request a restriction on the processing of your personal data and email address in special circumstances in accordance with data protection laws
- ask us not to process your personal data and email address for purposes that are of legitimate interest to us
- ask us not to make automated decision-making
- request to withdraw any your consent you have made at any time
- in the event of receiving such a request, we will make sure that the person making the request is indeed the person he claims to be
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year unless they are manually removed.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Changes to Privacy & Cookies
We keep the page Privacy and Cookies under regular review and place any updates on this web page.
This page was last updated on 14 February 2021.
How to contact us